Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Residents of Miley Cyrus' conservative hometown disappointed in her transformation; say 'the devil has got to her'


Residents of Miley Cyrus' conservative Christian hometown Franklin, Tennessee certainly aren't proud of the good girl gone bad. The small southern town with a population of only 66,000 barely recognizes their used-to-be sweet little Miley. They feel that fame has corrupted the 20-year-old and stripped her of her values. Has Miley really been taken by the devil? Many in this town say yes.

When interviewed by Daily Mail UK, the people of Franklin were far from enthused. While some pray for her and hope she'll come to her senses, others think Miley's gone for good. For obvious reasons, parents whose children were fans of Disney Channel's Hannah Montana no longer want Cyrus as their kids' role model and are concerned that her behavior might influence them.

When asked about Miley's infamous performance at this year's VMA's, Judy Reynolds, 64, volunteer secretary at Franklin's People’s Church voiced her disapproval; "Her appearance on the award show (the VMAs), I didn't see it I just saw it on the news afterwards. My reaction was horror, if it was my own children or grandchildren I would be mortified and I'm sure her parents are experiencing some of the same at the moment. It was the dress, the performance all of the above. She’s not listening to the Lord – that’s pretty apparent and it’s sad to see her not portraying the values she came from." Kim Cotton, who taught Miley in preschool, expressed similar sentiments.

Not everyone is down on Miley. Madi Wells, who was on the same Premiere Tennessee All-Stars Cheerleading team with Miley from ages 5-13, insists that she's not doing anything wrong. Unlike her neighbors, 19 year old Madi is proud of Miley being "brave" and breaking the mold; "They should leave Miley alone and let her be herself, she’s talented and it’s working for her, don’t be a hater. She’s telling kids they can express however they want to express and she’s literally saying 'I don’t care about what people think about me.' People change, they grow up, they figure out themselves. I definitely support it, good for her."

Miley is going to be Miley, on her terms and no one else's. "I'm just having the best time ever and everything’s falling into place like it’s supposed to. Even people who want to hate on me, they can’t even shut down the fact that I’m literally what everyone is talking about. I don’t want to say that I’m on top right now – I feel like I’m kind of an underdog in a cool way. It’s almost punk rock to like me because it’s not the right thing to do. Like, society wants to shut me down," Cyrus said in an interview with Cosmopolitan (the December 2013 issue will be on newsstands November 5).

Source

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar